I’ve made a list of books that I’ve decided to study/re-study in the next few months (not necessarily in this order):
- Baby Rudin, 1-8 // Pugh, 1-5 (or more chapters if I want to go on multivariable analysis…)
- Munrkes, Topology (selection)
- Brezis, Functional analysis (selection)
- Dammit & Foote or MacLane, Groups (again… will it never stop?)
- Some introductory books on algebraic topology
I’m curious to see how my preferences will change over the next months….
2 thoughts on “A plan for the next months”
For algebraic topology, may I suggest
– Michael Henle, A Combinatorial Introduction to Topology
and for groups :
– Wilhelm Magnus, Combinatorial group theory : presentations of groups in terms of generators and relations
You can access it at https://nubo.ircam.fr/index.php/s/jPG8jotCdyS86Pb (you need a password).
Merci Jean-Louis! I had not considered the idea of taking a combinatorial perspective this time… Fresh 🙂